CAHIMS/CPHIMS Exam Prep Course
JPS Health Network
1350 S. Main St.
4th Floor - Pride Room
Fort Worth, TX 76104
The CAHIMS & CPHIMS Exam Prep Course will be an interactive and fast-paced work session to assist in preparing for the CAHIMS & CPHIMS exam.
The CPHIMS certification sets a baseline within the Healthcare Information Technology industry that those individuals with the CPHIMS designation has a professional foundation that can be leveraged and built upon within healthcare. CPHIMS communicates that you can are comfortable in any healthcare IT setting which is a huge advantage in an ever-changing environment.
08:00 am – 08:30 am Registration and Breakfast
08:30 am – 11:30 am Morning Session
11:30 am – 12:15 pm Lunch
12:15 pm – 04:00 pm Afternoon Session
The cost for the CAHIMS & CPHIMS Exam Prep Course is $75.00 for members $120.00 for non-members which includes breakfast and lunch. The class size is limited to 35 as seating is limited. Wi-Fi connectivity will be available.
We will provide a printed copy of the material covered, but there is some suggested preparation work that will need to be acquired and reviewed prior to the course.
How many CPHIMS are there?
- Nationally – There are 4,508 certified CPHIMS
- In the DFW Chapter, there are 101 certified CPHIMS
How will CPHIMS/CAHIMS help me in my career?
- Distinguish yourself in an increasingly competitive marketplace
- Expand your career opportunities
- Validate your knowledge, competency and credibility
- Gain skills and tools to help you make a difference in your organization and your community
- Demonstrate your commitment to continuing professional development
- Gain a sense of personal and professional achievements
Please read the following materials before attending this course:
CAHIMS & CPHIMS Candidate Handbook
Other Materials Available for Purchase from the HIMSS Bookstore:
CPHIMS Review Guide, Third Edition: Preparing for Success in Healthcare Information and Management Systems ($168.00)
Preparing for Success in Healthcare Information and Management Systems: The CAHIMS Review ($128.00)
HIMSS Dictionary of Health Information Technology Terms, Acronyms, and Organizations, Fourth Edition ($41.56)
It is also recommended that you register to take the exam shortly after this course. You can register to take the exam on the HIMSS website. All exams will be proctored by Prometric Testing Centers. http://www.prometric.com/HIMSS
To qualify to take the CAHIMS exam and earn CAHIMS certification, you must have earned a high school diploma or its equivalent.
If you have the following qualifications, you are eligible to sit on CPHIMS exam and be certified:
- Baccalaureate degree plus five (5) years of associated information and management systems experience*, three (3) of those years in healthcare.
- Graduate degree plus three (3) years of associated information and management systems experience*, two (2) of those years in healthcare.
Any questions please contact Willie Johnson at email@example.com
After you are done with class, join us at our Fall Social in Fort Worth and Joe T. Garcia's. Click to register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/september-2018-networking-social-tickets-47900689251