CAHIMS & CPHIMS Exam Prep Course
DFW HIMSS is hosting a virtual prep course for the CAHIMS & CPHIMS exam. Rather than a single, full day, in-person event, we have broken this session into two half-days to better accommodate remote work schedules. A link to join the Microsoft Teams virtual meeting will be sent after registration.
8am - 12pm Thurs., Oct. 8th
8am - 12pm Friday., Oct. 9th
The CPHIMS certification sets a baseline within the Healthcare Information Technology industry that those individuals with the CPHIMS designation has a professional foundation that can be leveraged and built upon within healthcare. CPHIMS communicates that you are comfortable in any healthcare IT setting which is a huge advantage in an ever-changing environment.
How many CPHIMS are there?
- Nationally – There are 3,845 CAHIMS and 4,508 certified CPHIMS
- In the DFW Chapter, there are 101 certified CPHIMS
How will CPHIMS/CAHIMS help me in my career?
- Distinguish yourself in an increasingly competitive marketplace
- Expand your career opportunities
- Validate your knowledge, competency and credibility
- Gain skills and tools to help you make a difference in your organization and your community
- Demonstrate your commitment to continuing professional development
- Gain a sense of personal and professional achievements
Please read the following materials before attending this course:
Other Materials Available for Purchase from the HIMSS Bookstore:
- CPHIMS Review Guide, Third Edition: Preparing for Success in Healthcare Information and Management Systems ($168.00)
- Preparing for Success in Healthcare Information and Management Systems: The CAHIMS Review ($128.00)
- HIMSS Dictionary of Health Information Technology Terms, Acronyms, and Organizations, Fourth Edition ($41.56)
It is also recommended that you register to take the exam shortly after this course. You can register to take the exam on the HIMSS website. All exams will be proctored by Prometric Testing Centers. http://www.prometric.com/HIMSS
To qualify to take the CAHIMS exam and earn CAHIMS certification, you must have earned a high school diploma or its equivalent.
If you have the following qualifications, you are eligible to sit on CPHIMS exam and be certified:
- Baccalaureate degree plus five (5) years of associated information and management systems experience*, three (3) of those years in healthcare.
- Graduate degree plus three (3) years of associated information and management systems experience*, two (2) of those years in healthcare.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org