About DFW HIMSS
The Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) is a nonprofit organization whose goal is to promote the best use of information technology and management systems in the health care industry. The DFW Chapter of HIMSS serves the professional development needs of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and surrounding counties.
Dear DFW HIMSS Members,
Welcome to the 2017-2018 year of the DFW HIMSS chapter!
Recently the new FY18 DFW HIMSS Chapter Board of Directors was announced, and it brings me immense pride to serve a new year with another exceptional team. I am confident in speaking for the Board that it is our privilege to represent you.
The 2017-2018 Board of Directors has a fiduciary responsibility to consistently increase the value of the membership. In this light, a key objective this year is to further endorse our network amongst vendors and providers, promoting an open exchange of ideas to communally advocate the impact of information technology on clinicians and the direct care of patients.
To accomplish our objectives, the DFW HIMSS Board recognizes that membership is a requisite lever for change, improvement, and overall growth as a chapter. We are constantly looking for people interested in volunteering their time, skills, experience and ideas to support chapter operations. Nick, Shana, Lee, Tammy, Pete, Willie, Joseph, Erica, Greg, Deanne, Donna, Nayan and I are always available to discuss ways to get further involved, regardless of experience level.
In addition, this year DFW HIMSS will continue to focus on five core value propositions:
- Education – We will bring learning opportunities on topics that are timely and relevant in the Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) environment.
- Networking – We will provide occasions for you to join your peers in Health IT and a broader network to meet other technology-driven professionals.
- Advocacy – We will help you get involved with Advocacy and learn more about how to have your voice heard on issues that are important to Healthcare IT.
- Recruiting - We are looking for members who are interested in getting more involved in HIMSS by volunteering as part of a chapter committee or program planning team.
- Social Responsibility-
- Student Scholarship- We are investing in future IT professionals is an important goal for the Board. DFW HIMSS is now sponsoring six healthcare technology focused scholarships to universities in the DFW area.
- Community Service- We will be expanding the outreach of our organization by contributing back to our local community both from a healthcare and non-healthcare perspective.
This year’s activities are off to a great start with a “Meet the Board” networking social that is scheduled for Thursday, July 27 at Yard House in Addison from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Click here to Register.
We have been updating the 2017-2018 Calendar of Events, please check our website (dfw.himsschapter.org) and look for other announcements along with upcoming Education Sessions.
As your Chapter President, I will focus my efforts on working with my fellow chapter board members, committees and volunteers, and HIMSS leaders nationwide to deliver greater value to our members and sponsors.
Thank you for continuing to support the DFW Chapter and I look forward to working together.
On behalf of the 2017-2018 Board of Directors,
Presley L Collins
President, DFW HIMSS